Psalm 92: 10.
Introduction: One thing that we all need and should desire is the power of God. Now, we know that there is power:
- In the Savior, Jesus Christ – Matt. 28: 18.
- In the Sword of the Word of God – Eccl. 8: 4.
- In service for the Lord – Acts 1: 8.
However, I want to talk to you about the power in our lives given to us by the Holy Spirit. Please understand that oil is a Biblical type of the Holy Spirit. When a King was anointed by the Priest, the Priest would pour oil over the head of the one to be anointed. This was a symbolic picture of that one being covered by the Holy Spirit. When we trusted Christ as our personal Savior, we were anointed by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, taking place at the instant at our conversion: I Jn. 2: 27 “But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you; but as the same anointing teacheth you all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.” But, now after a time we feel like we have less power, less ability, less desire, and less drive than we we used to have for the things of the Lord. Perhaps we need to be anointed with fresh oil? Not saved again, because we can’t be lost once after we are once born again, but we do often need to rededicate our lives to His service. Maybe we need fresh oil:
- To Preach or Teach – Acts 2: 4 & Acts 6: 10.
- To live Daily – Gal. 5: 25
- To Witness – Acts 1: 8.
- To endure Temptations and Trials – II Tim. 1: 7.
- To wait for the Lord – I Thes. 1: 6-10.
- I Sam. 28: 15. Do you feel like God has departed from your life?
- Lk. 22: 54-62. Do you feel like you are far from Him?
Come to Him today…He is waiting for you with fresh oil!
Are you somewhere far from Him today? Do you need the fresh oil of the Holy Spirit upon your life today?
Pastor Jerry :-)